On Wednesday June 27 at the Langley United Methodist Church the Planning Department and Planning Advisory Board (PAB) held an open house to present some proposed amendments to the Municipal Code. The purpose of these amendments is to:
· implement the Comprehensive Plan
· reduce barriers to facilitate the construction of more housing
· encourage alternative housing types
· encourage infill housing that fits within Langley’s small-town context
· use existing infrastructure, for ex, sewer, water and roads
· encourage the development of worker housing
More than 50 people attended the event. The comments we received at the open house will be posted here.
Below are the links to the information presented at the open house.
Proposed code amendments:
Accessory Dwelling Units
Small Accessory Dwelling Units or Tiny Homes & Tiny Home Neighborhoods